Precast Concrete Septic Tanks
Precast Concrete Septic Tanks: Your Choice Material for the Job
Precast concrete septic tanks are stronger than tanks made of steel, plastic, fiberglass, or high-density polyethylene (HDPE). Precast concrete is flexible enough to withstand extreme loading conditions without the worry of catastrophic failure and have other advantages over tanks made of different materials:
- Long-Term Mechanical Properties: Precast concrete gradually strengthens over time. Other products, such as steel or HDPE, can deteriorate and lose strength. Precast concrete tanks can be pumped empty without fear of having a tank collapse.
- Buoyancy: With a specific gravity of 2.40, precast concrete septic tanks resist buoyant forces better than other septic tank materials. HDPE has a specific gravity of 0.97. Additional labor-intensive and time-consuming on-site preparation is needed for anchoring structures made of more buoyant materials.
- Environmentally Friendly: Besides water, concrete is the most frequently used material on earth. It is non-toxic, environmentally safe and made from natural ingredients, making it an ideal material for septic tanks. Concrete is used throughout the country in various applications and does not affect groundwater and surface water quality.
- Watertight: Precast concrete can be made watertight when produced in accordance with the NPCA "Septic Tank Manufacturing" Best Practices Manual and/or ASTM C 1227, "Standard Specification for Precast Concrete Septic Tanks." These industry standards specify the necessary procedures to be followed during the manufacturing of watertight tanks.
Choose concrete septic tanks and get the edge over septic tanks made from other materials.
Why a Concrete Septic Tank?
Concrete septic tanks are superior to fiberglass or plastic because they are watertight and heavy duty, making it the ideal preferred storage vessel for on-site septic storage and treatment.
In the United States, there are 40 million septic systems in service. Septic systems use the surrounding soil to filter the discharge from septic tanks, the primary structure in a septic system. In addition to the advantages listed above, concrete septic tanks are also known for the following:
- Strength increases over time
- Ease of installation
- Low susceptibility to damage during backfill
Start benefiting from the advantages of concrete septic tanks by contacting EF Shea today.
Shea Concrete Septic Tanks
Family-owned and operated with 50 years of history producing premium quality tanks, we have the experts you can trust to get quality concrete septic tanks and concrete block retaining walls . Shea carries a complete line of septic, cistern and pump tanks available in 500 to 55,000 gallons and most sizes are delivered on our company vehicles.
Competitively priced, we manufacture underground tanks for the safe, long-term containment of septic storage.
Our precast concrete septic tanks are available to customers nationwide and can be manufactured to your specific requirements including multiple compartments, access openings, and internal piping.
Use concrete septic tanks for the efficient removal of sewage. Find out how.